Friday, July 22, 2011

Just open the box

I had to laugh at American Samoa Customs holding up my order from Scrapbooking.com because of the inks (two spray bottles, 2oz each).  The box was addressed to my husband's work, and the officials looked at the packing slip, saw the ink and presumed that they were for commercial use and therefore subject to duties.  If they only read the rest of the quite lengthy packing slip, they would have wondered why the local bank needs corner stencils, coloured card stock and a photo album, and passed it on.  But no, officialdom strikes again.  They think I'm crazy anyway for ordering an espresso machine (what does it do?  Makes coffee.  Why?  Because the coffee here is awful).
The rest of the box wasn't very exciting, mostly essentials like adhesives and another attempt to find the best white pen.  I do like the new inks (Inkadinkado) particularly the Royal Blue, which is a lovely purply-blue.  I've also got the Sew Easy mat, so hopefully I can do better with that, and a very cool paper holder in funky black and white swirls.  Once I tidy up after the latest project I'll take a photo.
I did forget to order plain white cardstock.  Everytime I go online to shop, this is the first thing I go looking for, but I'm never satisfied with what's on offer and get willingly sidetracked into pretty stuff.  I have plenty of album liners, but they're not very thick and tend to wilt in heavy duty projects.  Just an excuse to do more shopping really!

No comments:

Post a Comment