Wednesday, July 27, 2011

Attack of the nerves

As part of being on the DT at Scrapbook Challenges (I just like dropping that into the conversation - I'm very proud!), I have to provide a sketch.  Just one sketch and it's not due until October.  So why am I spending hours on the computer, fiddling with boxes and lines and fills and shapes and ...?  The trouble is my sketch, that I quite like, has 5 elements total: one circle, three boxes and a title.  Nice and simple.  The boxes don't even have rounded edges.  But then I go onto other sites and there's swirls and flowers and splotches and Write 120 words of Journaling in this 3x4inch block HERE, and so on.  I look at what people do to sketches, and they take one look and go nah I'll do it my way thanks, so a sketch is only a very, very gentle nudge.
The effect I really want to put in my sketch and force people to follow, is some sort of disappearing circle, where it's more saturated in the middle, fading to a memory (!) in the corners!  No idea how you'd actually do it, but I like the idea.  As long as it doesn't use mist - I am so over that but it keeps creeping onto my pages.  
I'll start working on examples now, as my success rate at the moment is fairly sucky.  I have two layouts sitting on the spare bed saying Kill Me Now, but I will make them work dammit.  Or maybe just print the photos over and start again.  Actually, both pages are my efforts to do a specific style: pinky-princessy, and grunge.  The grunge has got too many colours, and the two sides aren't connected, and the frame should have either been wonkier or straighter - it just looks like I got it wrong.  I'm still playing with the layout for the pink page but it definitely needs some oomph. 
I'll let you know how I get on.  And apologies to the ladies whose sketches I've mangled!

1 comment:

  1. I don't really understand scrapbooking - I don't think it's got to Scotland yet. Is it done on the computer...? or is it back to scissors and glue? I'm intrigued.

    ReplyDelete