Friday, July 15, 2011

Ditch the spritzer

I've had a lot more success with misting once I transferred the Smooch Spritz from its original spray into the mini misters.  I love the idea and look of successful misting, but mine always went lumpy and gluggy, with big splotches leading to strategically placed embellishments! 
This layout is based on a sketch by Sookie at Scrapbook Challenges.  I'm really happy with how the blue background to this layout turned out.  I considered doing a mist/shadow with the butterflies but that may have been too much of a good thing.  The frame was created with the leftovers from one of my son's games, where we had to punch out all the tiles before we could play.  Knew they'd come in useful one day!
As you can tell, I haven't done any journalling on the page, despite my resolution last week.  Maybe next time.
Next step: going round corners with the Sew Easy (still waiting on the mat, hoping that will solve all my issues).

3 comments:

  1. I never thought of transfering my Smooch over to Mini Mister bottles...will do that tonight. I find that they leak, drip and blotch.
    Thank you. Really am enjoying your blog, will be back!
    Jasmine
    A {Little} Dab of Glue

    ReplyDelete
  2. Tanks for the tip on pouring the smooch into other misters! The same happened to me on a layout the first use! I have found that Sally's Beauty Supply store has the same mini misters a scrapbook supply stores. Not sure if the cost is similar, though! And I love the blue, too!

    Roberta @ The Papercrafting League
    http://thepapercraftingleague.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  3. hi, I also have a relatively new blog and live in South Africa. I have not tried misting on my backgrounds yet, will have to give it a try. Will be popping in again
    have a special weekend
    Wilna
    http://scrappinpreciousmoments.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete