Thursday, June 30, 2011

Scrapbook Challenges Blog Hop

Welcome to my page of the Scrapbook Challenges' Bloghop! If you've just stopped in, please start from the beginning at Brynn's blog http://bzb-designs.com/blog and I'll see you soon.



I'm a new member of the Design Team, and I'm very excited because I didn't think I'd ever be confident enough to get there! My name's Sharyn, and I live in American Samoa, married with two sons. I enjoy scrapping because I get to be creative, and I enjoy creating albums for my sons to look at and talk about.

Here's the sketch that was given to us:
























And here's my version:

As soon as I printed the photo, I thought of the spotty paper which also gave a great colour palatte to work with. The maroon background is an unusual colour for me to use, and I don't think I'll use it again in a hurry. And I am getting better with the Sew Easy, but I hope the mat arrives soon as the carpet's taking a bit of abuse.
And here are some of the great RAKs to be won on the Blog Hop! (Can anyone tell me what RAK stands for? Real Awesome Kit? Really Adventurous Karate? Ride a Kangaroo?)
1. For one person who leaves a comment on all the blogs in the hop, they will get the Salt Air Collection from Cosmo Cricket.
2. For one person who does a layout based on the sketch and posts in the HOP ON section, will receive a $20.00 USD Gift Certificate to Scrapbook.com.

3. For inviting people to join the group one person will receive a mix of alcohol ink goodies from Ranger.
4. One new member over the weekend will receive a mix of alcohol ink goodies from Ranger.

Thanks for stopping by. Your next stop is Marilyn's blog at http://marilynrivera.blogspot.com/. See you there!

27 comments:

  1. great colour combo... love the stitching and journaling and super cute photo

    ReplyDelete
  2. Beautiful work and so nice to have you on the team!!!!
    Have a very nice hop!!
    x

    ReplyDelete
  3. Very beautiful work! lovely photo!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Super cute layout! Adorable pic! So happy to be part of the team and look forward to getting to know you better..:)

    ReplyDelete
  5. RAK- Random Act of Kindness
    Great to see you on the DT....much deserved! Love the LO
    Alison xx

    ReplyDelete
  6. Beautiful layout, love the spot paper and this cute photo!! Welcome to the team!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Indeed RAK is for Random Act of Kindness
    Nice LO . . . love the colors!

    ReplyDelete
  8. that pic is so cute! and the stiching really pops on the maroon paper. great job!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Great take on the sketch. Love that you changed things up a bit. TFS!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Gorgeous! Love every bit of it!

    ReplyDelete
  11. Congrats on being part of the DT. I look forward to seeing you w ork. I love Scrapbook Challenges!

    ReplyDelete
  12. Welcome to the team! Very cute layout!

    ReplyDelete
  13. Congrats! Wonderful fun page!

    ReplyDelete
  14. Congrats on being on the design team, lovely page

    ReplyDelete
  15. Congrats on the DT spot and the new blog! It looks good!

    ReplyDelete
  16. This page rocks! Perfect paper for your photo.

    smilesmoore2 atverizon dotnet

    ReplyDelete
  17. Welcome to the team :) :) Great take on the sketch! :) xoxox

    ReplyDelete
  18. Great photo and take on this sketch!

    ReplyDelete
  19. I like the stitching, but I am sure the carpet is not :-)

    ReplyDelete
  20. Love the layout and your take on the sketch! Super cute!

    ReplyDelete
  21. cool LO! welcome to the team - looking forward to working with you! x

    ReplyDelete
  22. Congrats on making the DT!! Lovely page!!!

    ReplyDelete
  23. Sweet page! I'm so glad to see someone using the sew easy. I am dying to know if it is purchase worthy.

    ReplyDelete
  24. Adorable LO! I love the stitching with the buttons!

    ReplyDelete
  25. I hope you do use maroon again as a background. I think it looks great! The stitching is terrific too.

    ReplyDelete