Friday, October 14, 2011

Letting the title tell the story

I was inspired by a title on a layout at Scrapbook Challenges ages ago, One day there was a lion at the beach (thanks Jasmine Lombaard) and I loved the way the whole page was explained right there and then (and the very cute pictures of a boy pretending to be a lion chasing waves, as kids do).  So here is The day we got Puckerman Bear. 

I'd seen the bear in a bin at Cost U Less (commonly known as Cost U More here on island - the place I definitely do not want to be in an earthquake), and there is something special about having a toy bigger than the baby it's for.  The name comes from Glee, which I know is very inappropriate for an 8 year old but he loves the music and I'm hoping the sexual references go way, way over his head.  We thought about Finn, but that wasn't beary enough, and Artie was too beary, so Puckerman got the nod.  Of course the 8 year old plays with Puckerman far more than the 1 year old, although I did catch the baby determinedly dragging P-Bear by its ear back into his room from his brother's yesterday.
The layout is for Sketch 266 at Scrapbook Challenges, and it also fitted the red, yellow and green colour challenge.

No comments:

Post a Comment